Why Montreal is nice at Christmas:
- Many Christmas festivals throughout all neighborhoods of Montreal. Many feature amateur actors and/or livestock. The cost is minimal or free.
- Many streets and buildings are extensively decorated, put you in the holiday mood. Click here for some Christmas pictures.
- Ice Skating available in the Old Port. In case we have mild weather, this outdoor rink has a cooling system to maintain ice.
- Nutcracker by the Montreal Ballet
- Holiday concerts by the Montreal Symphony
- Many attractions for children at the major shopping areas, most are free.
- Old Montreal is extensively decorated, this quaint area looks even nicer than normal.
- The Underground City has hundreds of shops in a climate control environment.
- You can shop at hundreds of stores without going outside into the weather.
- The US dollar has a very favorable exchange rate vs. the Canadian dollar.
- US residents can obtain a refund of taxes paid on purchases and accommodations right at the border, or you have a year to mail refund request.
- Boutiques carry many unique Canadian and European items, all attractively priced.
- Many restaurants have a wonderful Christmas dinner and/or brunch.
- Many clubs have special Christmas and New Year's parties.
You may be thinking that many communities have similar activities at Christmas, what is so special about Montreal at Christmas? You are right, many communities do have similar activities; however, in Montreal the activities have a European flair, while the residents speak English fluently and willingly!
Can't visit Montreal at Christmas, then consider visiting Montreal during the summer. Click here for some summer pictures or Click here to request additional information.
Please click one of the buttons below for more information!
Place your mouse pointer over the button for a description of where the button takes you.