Windows Mobile (soon to be Android), and other toys aka gadgets
Quick Links to Popular Blog Posts:
SlingPlayer Mobile - one of my favorite applications
SlingPlayer Mobile is quickly becoming one of my favorite Windows Mobile applications. I have the original Slingbox, now referred to as the Slingbox Classic, attached to my Toshiba branded TiVo with DVD writer system. This setup allow me to use SlingPlayer Mobile on my PPC-6700 to:
The SlingPlayer Mobile software is very stable. The viewing experience is excellent using WiFi, and very good using EvDO. Setup was smooth, only one well documented port change to the router is needed. My router is not near the TiVo; however, a Wireless G Ethernet Bridge works fine to connect the SlingBox to the network. If you have a Slingbox at home, give the SlingPlayer Mobile software a trial run.
- Watch live TV
- Change the cablebox channel
- Watch any selection from the TiVo Now Playing List (programs that are currently on the TiVo hard drive)
- Schedule a recording on my TiVo
- Watch any DVD in the DVD slot
- Watch my favorite tech based podcasts, Cranky Geeks, and DLTV, which can now be seamlessly downloaded directly to the TiVo using the new TiVoCast feature.
- Utilize the same remote control funtions that I use with the physical TiVo remote at home
I was a Palm OS champion for years, but switched to the Windows Mobile platform in 2005. My experiences using my Windows Mobile devices, and other electronic devices will be detailed in this blog.
The posts reflect what I like, and do not like about a device, or application. Your needs, and opinion may be different.